Bag-On-Valve technology... typically TUNAP!
TUNAP stands for intelligent product concepts and sustainable developments. Our aim is always to deliver the best quality and at the same time to meet the highest standards in terms of health and environmental compatibility. How we implement these guiding principles in specific product concepts can be illustrated very well by the Bag-on-Valve (BOV) aerosol technology.
The Bag-on-Valve technology is the first choice in various areas of application. Bag-on-Valve stands out from conventional aerosol technologies by
- a long shelf life,
- optimal spray properties,
- an almost complete emptying of the can,
- hygienic purity thanks to the spatial separation of propellant gas and product and
- the use of environmentally friendly gases.
How does it work? TUNAP explains Bag-on-Valve in the video.
Environmentally friendly, hygienic, sustainable.
The Bag-on-Valve technology stands for quality, sustainability and environmental compatibility. Instead of flammable fuels, this intelligent spray dispenser system uses environmentally friendly gases such as air or nitrogen - as in many of our conventional aerosol technologies, which use climate-friendly propellants wherever technically possible.
With a Bag-on-Valve aerosol, the active ingredient is completely separated from the propellant in a sealed bag. This has the advantage that the product can be applied in its pure form - the complete purity of the recipe is thus maintained.
The hermetic seal prevents contamination and oxidation of the active ingredient. This results in a long shelf life for the product and the possibility of reducing preservatives.
Bag-on-Valve aerosol technology: Advantages
The propellant is outside the bag (shown here in light blue).
Separation of product & propellant
With classic spray dispenser systems, the product and the propellant are spatially located together in the can. This is not the case with Bag-on-Valve aerosols: Here the product and the propellant are spatially separated from one another.
The active ingredient is contained in a flexible, sealed aluminium bag that is connected to the valve. The compressed propellant is located outside of it, in the remaining space between the bag and the inner can wall.
When the spray head is pressed, the product is applied in its pure form - and not together with the propellant, as is the case with conventional aerosols.
BOV: Versatile in application, sustainable in use
The Bag-on-Valve technology is suitable for all products that are also used in conventional aerosols. However, the range of possible uses and applications is much wider with BOV aerosols:
- A Bag-on-Valve is capable of spraying in all positions (360 °) and is therefore ideally suited for use under difficult conditions, e.g. overhead.
- BOV offers solutions for substances from the low VOC range (volatile organic compounds) as well as for the production of aerosols with higher pressures.
- Bag-on-Valve technology also provides a solution for products that are difficult to fill with compressed gases, such as non-polar or viscous active ingredients.
- Thanks to the hermetic separation of the outer container and the active ingredient that is enclosed in the bag, BOV is also suitable for sensitive or aggressive formulations such as cleaning products from the automotive sector.
- Since the Bag-on-Valve technology uses environmentally friendly porpellants such as air or nitrogen instead of flammable gases, this aerosol technology also has an advantage in terms of safety and environmental compatibility.
- BOV technology is also sustainable when it comes to application and disposal: the materials used are usually recyclable, the product can be used several times and the special shape of the bag enables the can to be emptied almost completely and profitably.